Roger Button - Partner
Roger Button has over 30 years of experience in the construction industry. He studied law at Oxford University and, after qualifying as a solicitor, joined the legal department of a leading construction company. He joined Eversheds in 1982, where he founded and headed the Construction & Engineering Group. In 2001, he joined Shadbolt & Co, a leading construction law firm, moving to Mills & Co in February 2010.
Roger’s work has covered railways, electricity generating stations, process plant, waste treatment plants and development projects. His client base includes developer/owners, consultants and contractors.
Areas of particular specialisation include:
• legal support for construction and engineering projects
• the drafting and negotiation of contracts
• general advice during projects
• claims resolution
Work recently undertaken in the UK includes:
• advice and representation of an FM contractor in relation to major PFI dispute
• advice and representation of a subcontractor in relation to a claim arising out of a UK
road maintenance project
• advice on procurement and review and preparation of contract documents relating to
a project for electricity generating station
• advice and contract negotiation on behalf of a supply chain to the London Underground
network – total value of work £3bn
• drafting and negotiating contractual documentation in relation to a project for the
construction of process plant acting on behalf of contractor on a claim arising out
of the design and construction of industrial waste processing plant
Roger is a Member of Contracts Working Party of Institution of Chemical Engineers (‘IChemE’). His seminars include FIDIC forms of contract, the Engineering and Construction contract (NEC) and contracts for process projects . He is a Member of Society of Construction Law and Law Society and regularly publishes articles in journals.
Roger has for a long time been active in the Middle East. He is a Consultant to Amereller Legal Consultants, an international law firm with offices in Dubai, Cairo, Damascus and Baghdad, where he is Head of Middle East Construction.
BA (Hons) Oxon Solicitor
Tel: +44 (0) 203 056 8877
Fax: +44 (0) 207 900 2672